- By signing this contract, Buyer agrees to provide all necessary medical care, vaccinations, food, and housing necessary for the proper development of the aforementioned puppy. Buyer also acknowledges that puppy is in good health, body condition, and exhibits age appropriate and sound behavior upon purchase. Buyer agrees to take puppy to a licensed veterinarian for a wellness exam within three working days of arrival and provide proof to EliteK9K within 10 days. Failure to comply will result in termination of guarantees expressed or written herein. Buyer may return puppy/dog for a refund of purchase price less non-refundable $500 deposit if a licensed veterinarian finds that the puppy suffers from a life threatening or debilitating genetic disorder or deformity. Puppies will be dewormed at time of shipping or pick up. Follow up shots and deworming’s are the responsibility of the buyer. Any pup that develops an illness related to lack of shots or deworming will NOT be replaced. Buyer understands that intestinal parasites, bacteria, and irregularities are common in puppies and do not constitute disease or defect in the puppy/dog. Buyer agrees to notify EliteK9K immediately in the event of an irregular stool sample so that other owners can be notified of the concern. Buyers of a blue coated pup should understand that they are more prone to skin and coat problems. EliteK9K does NOT guarantee and will not be held responsible for skin or coat problems that are common among dogs with blue coloring. EliteK9K reserves the right to ask for a second opinion on any findings by the said Vet. (Initial)_________
- A deposit of $1,000.00 is required to reserve any puppy under the age of 4 weeks. Puppies are required to be paid for in full by 7 weeks of age. If at 7 weeks of age the pup has not been paid for in full, you will forfeit your deposit. If you change your mind on a pup, your deposit may be transferred to any available pup at that time. Deposits and payments are NONREFUNDABLE. Any Deposit on any breeding is NON REFUNDABLE. If the breeding does not take, or the desired pick/ sex is not produced, deposit will be transferred to the repeat breeding of the sire and dam or another similar breeding of the customer’s choice. If it is found that the puppy has a genetic defect within its first year of life, the client must return the puppy; EliteK9K will replace the puppy with another puppy of equal value. However, no refund will be given. Shipping for the replacement pup will be solely the cost of the owner. EVEN IF BREEDING IS NOT REPEATED, DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE!!! THEY MUST BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER BREEDING!!! ALL SALES ARE FINAL! Payments may be made with postal money orders, bank to bank wire, certified bank check, money gram, or western union. We accept deposits via PayPal but pup must be paid off with other means as PayPal charges a 4% fee. We will NOT accept any personal checks. (Initial)_________
- In the event that the Buyer chooses to sell or rehome the aforementioned puppy, Buyer must notify EliteK9K and give EliteK9K first right to take back the puppy. In the event the EliteK9K chooses to take back this canine, the Buyer agrees to transfer ownership under all applicable registries to EliteK9K and to include all of the puppy/dog’s veterinary records. If Buyer has found a suitable home and has discussed with EliteK9K and EliteK9K agrees, EliteK9K requires the new owner’s information, address, phone number, etc. Buyer also agrees this canine will not be abandoned, given to any pet shop/wholesale/retail outlet, dog agent or dog dealer, puppy mill, dog fighting entities, turned into an animal shelter, etc.
EliteK9K WILL NOT TOLERATE DOG FIGHTING AND WILL PURSUE LEGAL ACTION TO REGAIN RIGHTS TO THE PUP. (Initial)_________
- If this canine is lost, runs away, stolen, etc., Buyer agrees to provide all proof (such as ads looking for dog) to EliteK9K within 10 days of this happening. No refunds or exchanges will be issued. Puppy may not be re-homed without prior notification to EliteK9K, or Buyer will be subject to a legal action plus all expenses including but not limited to court fees, attorney fees, travel expenses, and veterinary examinations. EliteK9K may choose to decline taking the puppy/dog and instead assist in placing him or her in correct home. (Initial)_________
- Buyer agrees to provide proper/high quality food (considering puppy/dog’s age, size, and weight), clean water, shelter, and adequate companionship for this canine’s lifetime. This canine will be allowed in the Buyer’s home in the “living” quarters on a regular basis, sleep inside the Buyer’s home in the “living quarters and must be an indoor member of Buyer’s family. This is because there are many factors that can influence growth and development of the dog’s personality and disposition. Additionally, there are many factors that can influence growth and development of a dog such as diet, nutrition, weight gain, exercise, proper veterinary care, etc. Buyer agrees to research these things as they relate to the growth and development of this particular breed and apply to the development of this canine. Buyer also agrees to properly maintain all fences and enclosures to prevent escape or theft of aforementioned puppy/dog. Puppy/dog will not be allowed to roam at large and will be leashed at all time in public unless participating in off leash events or visiting off leash areas. The better the care Buyer provides, the better the canine will be. (Initial)_________
- Buyer agrees that they are not acting as an agent for another buyer and that they will not, under any circumstances, resell or give away this dog to a third party to a third-party home. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees not to hold EliteK9K liable for any accidents, related or unrelated to the temperament. Buyer agrees that at the time of purchase, this puppy is exhibiting age appropriate and sound behavior. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees to research appropriate nutrition, exercise, and supplements as they relate to the growth and development of this breed of puppy and agrees to apply these principles to the development of the aforementioned puppy. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees to preface said puppy’s name with EliteK9K on all official documents, including but not limited to registration papers. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees to update EliteK9K on progress of puppy at least once every six months. This allows EliteK9K to see this puppy/dog’s development. Buyer will also allow EliteK9K to use photos of said puppy/dog on website and social media. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees to register for and complete the puppy orientation course provided at the following link: https://kdmathews.com/elite-k9k-puppy-orientation-course/ with proof of completion provided to Elite K9K prior to getting their puppy. This course is provided free of charge as a courtesy from EliteK9K. (Initial)_______
- Buyer agrees to keep current identification tags on this puppy/dog at all times. Buyer agrees to notify EliteK9K of any changes of a physical address and telephone number and agrees to update this information with microchip and ID tag within 30 days of any changes. EliteK9K’s information must always be on the microchip paperwork and data in the system. This is to
have an additional contact to ensure this puppy/dog is safely returned to Buyer. (Initial)_______
- EliteK9K will provide a current health certificate from a licensed Veterinary Clinic if puppy is being shipped on an airplane.
- EliteK9K will not be held liable for any veterinary costs incurred after puppy departs EliteK9K’s Kennel. EliteK9K will not be held liable for any surgical costs after the puppy/dog leaves EliteK9K’s Kennel. This includes but is not limited to hip dysplasia, spays/neuters, tumors or cysts, entropion/ectropion, etc. (Initial)_______
- EliteK9K does not guarantee against Hip or Elbow Dysplasia as these larger dogs are generally over 100 pounds and it is a polygenic trait that is affected by environmental factors, (i.e. feeding) as well as the fact that few other XL breeders are OFA testing their studs. There is no way for us to breed to any outside studs with an official complete health tested line. We do not breed dogs with Hip Dysplasia, BUT the trait can pop up from a previous generation. There is no way for us to guarantee perfect hips in these animals. Buyer assumes all risk. For more information and a better understanding of canine hip dysplasia click the following link: https://www.instituteofcaninebiology.org/blog/the-10-most-important-things-to-know-about-canine-hip-dysplasia. EliteK9K HIGHLY recommends buyer purchase Pet Insurance. Highly recommended companies for this breed are “Embrace” “Healthy Paws” & “Pet Plan”.
- Buyer understands that said puppy is sold as a pet with “LIMITED” registration in the UKC or AKC and is sold without breeding rights. Limited Registration means that the dog is registered but litters produced by that dog are ineligible for registration. In addition, a limited dog cannot compete in conformation shows. It is eligible, however, to be entered in any other licensed or member event, including Obedience, Tracking, Field Trials, Hunting Tests, Herding, Lure Coursing, Agility, Rally, and Earthdog. Limited Registration can be changed to Full Registration only by EliteK9K once the buyer has demonstrated that the dog is suitable and free from genetic defects. (Initial)_______
- EliteK9K does not guarantee puppy/dog against acts of God, abuse, neglect, overwork, or accident. (Initial)_______
- All guarantees are considering null and void if contract is not followed. (Initial)_______
By signing this contract, the Buyer states that they have read and fully understand all terms and conditions stated herein and that they agree to comply. Buyer also states that they have asked all pertinent questions and have had them answered by the EliteK9K in a satisfactory manner as well as perused any documentation with regards to this puppy purchase.